EXTREMELY IMPORTANT PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE:
GET “MEDPAY” MEDICAL PAYMENTS COVERAGE
ADDED TO YOUR AUTO INSURANCE POLICY IMMEDIATELY!!!
BEFORE YOU GET IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT AND IT IS TOO LATE!!
Med Pay coverage was mandated by law to be offered on all insurance policies to ensure that doctors treating auto accident victims would be willing to accept the cases, and have assurance that they would actually get paid for their work in a timely manner ; instead of often having to wait years and fight in court for cases to finally settle. And then, because of the exceedingly effective sneaky practices of insurance company lawyers, sometimes not get paid at all ever!!
The MEDPAY policy is a term on YOUR auto policy that will pay for all medical and chiropractic services you need (up to the policy limit) , in a timely manner as you go, without unreasonable questioning , so the doctor gets paid and can keep treating you as long as you legitimately need. Regardless of how sneaky the lawyers are.
Your friendly insurance sales agents “opinion” notwithstanding, Your private health insurance is almost universally highly restrictive, and limited, and is almost certainly unlikely pay for the higher level of care required by injuries often sustained in auto accidents, if any at all. ( Your private health policy may not even have ANY chiropractic coverage at all)
Do not believe that your private health insurance is sufficient, and that therefore you don’t need MEDPAY!!
DO NOT ACCEPT OR SIGN THE WAIVER OF THE MEDPAY OPTION.
If you DO NOT have MEDPAY…your ability to find high quality doctors willing to take your case will be extremely limited, and you will likely have to settle for third rate minimal treatment.
I have seen so many former accident victims needlessly suffering for decades with progressively worsening degeneration and debilitating pain, because they wound up with doctors who had to treat them only as much the insurance company preferred to pay for. And had to cut them off way before they were really done. Then they come to us broken and broke desperately hoping we can help them long after they settled their case for pennies on the dollar with no way to pay for it. Heartbreaking…
PLEASE do not let this happen to you! GET MEDPAY on to your policy NOW!!!
( Notice : do not mistake my opinion as an indication that I would lie , cheat, nor turn a blind eye to, nor participate in, the perpetration of a fraudulent claim for anyone. If this is your intent, do not come to my office)
FINANCIAL POLICY & DISCLAIMER
If another vehicle involved is the at fault party, and you have a liability claim, we will be happy to complete any papers, forms, or reports for you to file your claim .
Services rendered are normally covered 100% as long as there is Medical Payments (Med-Pay) coverage on the automobile that you were in at the time of the accident. Said coverage usually has a limit of responsibility up to 1 year from the date of accident, or until the available benefits are exhausted. However, sometimes it has limitations or is an “excess policy” which begins only after what your private health coverage does not pay for.
BECAUSE OF THIS , UNTIL INSURANCE COVERAGE IS VERIFIED, PAYMENT FOR ALL SERVICES RENDERED ARE DUE AND PAYABLE ON A CASH BASIS AT THE TIME OF SERVICE.
If the other vehicle that was involved was found to be liable and you would like for them to pay for your care in our office, you need to be aware that their insurance will not pay us for your visits. They will pay you directly, and most likely not pay you until after the case is settled; therefore we ask that you choose one of the following payment options:
- If there is med-pay, we will bill the auto insurance carrier of the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident. This office will provide you with an Insurance Verification and Disclaimer Form. It is the policy of this office to keep all patients on a cash basis where payment for all services rendered is due in full at the time of service until this form is returned to us with both sides completed.
- If there are NO Medical Payments benefits available on the car you were in at the time of the accident or they have been exhausted, then we may be able to bill your private or group health insurance IF it covers chiropractic. See Insurance Verification and Disclaimer Form
- You pay for services yourself (100% at the time of service) and pursue the other party for reimbursement.
- If you have no medical benefits available to you through med-pay or health insurance An IF you have an attorney representing you, we may agree under certain circumstances to wait for payment until the case is settled. However, we must have the attorney name, address, phone number, and be able to verify that they are representing you. The attorney must also sign and return a lien form to this office.
NON-VEHICULAR PERSONAL INJURY:
If you are involved in a non-vehicular PI case (slip or fall in restaurant, parking lot, house etc…) we may bill the liability insurance carrier for you pursuant to the terms and conditions of the signed, completed and returned Insurance Verification and Disclaimer Form. If the liability carrier will not pay us directly, you will need to pay for your visits 100% each visit and the liability carrier will reimburse you directly.
We may be able to bill your health insurance carrier. If you have health insurance this office will provide you with an Insurance Verification and Disclaimer Form to assist you and the office in determining what coverage is available to you. Once the Verification and Disclaimer Form is returned to this office and your coverage is verified we will determine if we are able to file insurance claims and billing for you. Until the time the Insurance Verification Form is returned to our office, and you have brought us a complete insurance claim form, it is our policy to have you pay 100% of your visits at the time services are rendered.
You are responsible for paying your deductible, uncovered portion or co-pay, and non-covered items such as supplements, supplies and services at the time they are rendered. If you are being seen more than once a week, arrangements can be made to pay your portion on the last visit of each week.
IT MUST BE UNDERSTOOD:
- This office does not promise that an insurance company will pay. Nor does the office promise that an insurance company should pay the fees as charged.
- The office will not enter into a dispute with an insurance company over reimbursement or the amount of reimbursement. This is the patient’s obligation.
- If you have more than one insurance and would like to bill it, we will try to do so , or supply you with a copy of our insurance billing to use in billing your additional insurance.